Monday, August 30, 2010

Some vendors dishonest on ratings?

Many vendors have product rating systems included on their websites. They can be a useful guide especially when it comes to e-liquids, simply because of the vast amount of products available to vapers.

I myself have written many reviews on products ranging from liquids to batteries and complete kits. I would say about 95% of my reviews have been highly positive, but I have written what I would describe as a couple negative reviews when a product did not live up to it's promises, or in a few cases... it was simply bad.

One of those negative reviews was that of a XL 810 model battery. The battery itself worked with one caveat, a Dyson Vacuum would not be able to suck start this sucker. Instead of the easier microphone switches, it used a more mechanical vacuum pressure switch to turn the battery on. Problem is it required so much suction just to turn the battery on you're jaw would be tired before you got your first bit of vapor.

After having my girlfriend test it and come to the same conclusion I wrote a review on the vendors website stating this, as a warning to potential buyers. The review was taken down the same day... hmmm, well may it's just that vendor.

On to the next! Surely most Vendors would want honest reviews of their products on their websites, right..... right? My next negative review came with a small bottle of e-liquid that I purchased from what some would argue is the largest vendor on ECF.

The offending liquid was 'supposed' to be flavored Eggnog. I must admit I am a eggnog fiend. Come Christmas time you can find me huddled in the corner with a glass of eggnog, much like a hobo protecting his last bottle of booze... what can I say, this man loves his eggnog.

Unfortunately this liquid tasted nothing like the delicious white ambrosia that is known as eggnog. Nope, this liquid tasted more like milk that had been hiding out in the back of your refrigerator for the last five months. Again, wanting to verify my results I handed a filled cartomizer to my unsuspecting girlfriend. She could not take one puff without gagging and from that day she refuses to test anything I give her without before asking "what the hell is it".

I wrote a negative review for the offending liquid, which was on the site for nearly a month before, you guessed it, being removed. At this point I started to see a pattern. So I searched the sites many products looking for other less then stellar reviews and not to my surprise, I could not find a single negative review.

I have come to believe that most vendors have decided that if you have a bad opinion, you should apparently keep it to yourself. Has anyone else had this experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment